Police: 'No-one else involved in Josh Clayton death'
Police have found no evidence that anyone else was involved in the death of Josh Clayton.
The 23-year-old's body was found on rocks off Tean on September 23, 2015, ten days after he went missing following a party on Tresco.
An inquest into his death was halted in January 2017 after decorator Leroy Thomas said Josh had been involved in an altercation with two foreign workers.
Resuming the inquest at Plymouth Coroner's Court, coroner Ian Arrow said that police had been unable to corroborate the claims.
The jury heard that Josh attended a party at The Shed on September 12th organised by Robert Dorrien-Smith's son Tristan, where he was described as "his usual happy and sociable self" and "a little drunk".
Leroy had said he saw Josh, who worked at Ruin Beach Cafe, "arguing with two foreign workers over a pushbike" and threatening suicide, before running off.
However, the inquest was told that neither foreign worker was ever identified and the claims were not corroborated by anyone else on the island.
Detective Chief Superintendent Steve Parker of Devon and Cornwall Police said Leroy gave police five accounts of his movements that night, each of which was "slightly different".
He said witnesses described Leroy as "making a nuisance of himself" and "upsetting women" at the party.
Det Chief Supt Parker said: “Throughout my investigation there is no evidence that leads me to suspect that anyone has been involved in the death of Josh.”
He also apologised after Josh's uncle Simon Clayton asked why there had been a long delay between the body being recovered and the post-mortem.
"The delay was unacceptable," he said. "It was a mistake and it is something I feel we owe you an apology in relation to."
The inquest continues.